Friday, June 6, 2008

Quick Hit #5: "New Fix, Old Jones."

I checked out the new Indiana Jones movie a few days ago. The last Indiana Jones movie came out 19 years ago. Holy crap.

Don't get me wrong. I love the character and Harrison Ford is one of my favorites but the bit is so old at this point that the next movie, he'll be digging around in an old tomb or something and find... himself!

"Coming soon... Indiana Jones and the movie that should have been made ten years ago!"
or
"Coming soon... Indiana Jones and the Prostate of Fire"
or
"Coming soon... Indiana Jones and the Dark Incontinent"
or
"Coming soon... Indiana Jones: Raider of the Lost AARP"
or
"Coming soon.... Indiana Jones: I've fallen and I can't get up!"

Sometimes the new old is just old.

-M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. Could have used one or two less 'sucks getting old' jokes. Would rather have seen "Indian Jones and the Temple of Poon" at the local Castle Boutique.

glenna said...

Well, I don't care. I saw it and at least didn't feel like my money was thrown down a rat hole. Maybe cause I just had another birthday and got a card from AARP. Do ya think!!