Saturday, March 29, 2008

A day at the Zoo


I took a walk around the Lowry Park Zoo here in Tampa today with my friend Sarah.

She works at the zoo and is one of my favorite people I got to know during my time at Big Cat Rescue (or as I greeted her today "my favorite ball of sarcastic wit"). It was pretty cool to just walk around, chatting and mostly poking fun at the animals...the ones walking around, not those in the habitats.

This zoo had all the normal stuff. You can pay 2 bucks to feed a cracker to a giraffe. You can buy a notebook with paper made from elephant poo. You can also pay to have your kids face painted. I think it would be a much better value if in addition to the usual "cat face" and "butterflies" etc. that you should have the option of having a better looking child's face painted on.

On the topic of children, all couples who propose to have kids should have to spend a day at the zoo before being allowed to conceive. It's the only way to be sure.

Still no word from the Peace Corps. Oh well.

No comments: