Saturday, May 24, 2008

Gotta Love Tucson!!

Let me tell you about Tucson.

Two days ago, I got back from a run and checked the thermometer (as I felt like I was about to die). It was literally 105 in the shade (the thermometer is under the car port area).

This morning, I finally decided to stop waiting around and take a drive. After about 30 minutes of driving, I stopped the car, stepped to the side of the road, and made a snowball. No, I made two snowballs.

This afternoon, I went to the Home Depot to look for some stuff. I was sweatin it at over 80 degrees again.

My morning trip was to Mount Lemmon. It stands at over 9000 feet above sea level. The temperatures there can be up to 30 degrees lower than in Tucson less than 30 miles away! Freaking snow at the end of May! In ARIZONA!! The views are amazing. It seems as if you can see all of Arizona. Like a jackass I forgot to take my camera so no cool pix. I'll go again when the cuz comes down to visit from Phoenix.

Oh yeah. On the way to a place called Summerhaven (shocker) near the summit of Mt. Lemmon, I drove through a cloud.

Yeah, gotta love Tucson.

-M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really looking forward to the visit - I've never been to Mt. Lemmon. Last week was San Diego, CA (thanks to Rob) complete with requisite San Diego Zoo, Coronado Isle and Pacific Beach. Just got back last night (1:30 am) from our whirlwind tour of Sedona, Flagstaff, Wupatki Nat'l Monument, Sunset Crater Volcano, South Rim of Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, Petrified Wood Forest, Painted Desert, and last (and very least), Winslow AZ. My dogs are BARKING today!!! But ready for some more!!!