Thursday, May 22, 2008

Quick Hit #4: "Child Care tips part 1"

There seems to be a lot of controversy over parents using a good old fashioned spanking to discipline their children. This used to be common (I can remember a few my Mom laid on me). Today however, if a child goes to school and shows any signs of this punishment, a nosey teacher calls Child Services and the kid is whisked away to foster care and the parent goes to J-A-I-L. Everyone loses. Is the only alternative to spare the rod and spoil the child? I think not! Just follow these simple steps and you will preserve the tradition of corporal punishment, avoiding any unwanted attention or consequences.

1- Yard Sales. Yes, yard sales. Head out to a few yard sales and buy yourself a used tricycle. Any color will do.

2- Remove the handlebars from the tricycle.

3- For those times when Jr. gets out of hand and an "attitude adjustment" is required, crack him a few times with the handlebars.

4-Send your freshly disciplined progeny to school worry free. If Junior's nosey teachers see any bruises it will look like he fell off his bike.

Voila! Happy family!

-M

1 comment:

glenna said...

I can only remember one beating that I gave you and I wouldn't have done it but I was afraid not to. Bet you remember too- the time I found you riding your bike at the mall after I told you not to. I figured right away that my explanation of moving cars which could hit you and parked cars which could hide you hadn't sunk into that red head. So all that was left was the beating cause I knew I couldn't be around all the time to keep you safe. Had to make an impression. Times life is hard. Love you- Mom