Friday, May 2, 2008

Is it May already? Dang...

Well, so far so good with the Khmer language training. Actually, I've been slacking a bit on the studying for the past week or so while I decide what the next two months will hold for me. More specifically, WHERE I'll be spending the next two months. It's a good problem to have, in some ways.

There is a chance I could be care-taking the NOLS South West HQ in Tucson. Not a bad place to hole up and learn a few things. I'm still waiting to hear the final decision on that one.

Last night was my last class teaching English at Gaither High School. I took some pictures of some of my students.

I like this picture. In one shot you have students from Peru, Iran, Vietnam, Korea, Colombia, Honduras, Brazil and Haiti. It was really cool to spend time with these students learning about their cultures. I'm going to miss these guys. I really enjoyed teaching them. Working with the teachers at Gaither gave me some great experience and excellent ideas that I'm going to put to good use in Cambodia. I know I'm going to have a great time!

The second picture are the "Charlie's Angels" of the Hillsborough county adult education ESL classes!

Well, in two days I'm outta Tampa for the next few years.

...and I still never made it to Key West. Damn.

I'll chat at ya soon!

-Mitch

No comments: