Sunday, May 11, 2008

Heading to Tucson


Bristol...
Shit...
Still in Bristol...
(a shining no-prize to anyone who knows this film reference)



You know there's not much going on when you are moving bricks for fun...and looking forward to it. Sadly, there's only a few more wagon loads to go...and I've already built a lattice work screen on the porch... and washed my car... and rearranged the lawn furniture...

Can insanity be far behind? Many of you out there would argue that insanity is already well entrenched above my shoulders but that is beside my point.

Just as desperate thoughts were setting in (just how much weight will that shower curtain rod hold?) I received a blessed bail out from my good friends at NOLS!! After a flurry of emails and a couple of phone calls I was confirmed as the caretaker of the NOLS Southwest HQ in Tucson for a portion of the summer! That's right! A five week suspended sentence just in the nick of time!

Breathing easier, I got down off the chair, loosened the belt from around my neck and started thinking about sunny days in the desert, chilling by the pool and getting to know Tucson.

Whew! That was close!

Now... what to do about June 20 thru July 20? Nothing like Bristol to make you look forward to Cambodia!

:-)

3 comments:

NC said...

Hey there,

Glad to hear you'll be at NOLS SW! That sounds like a pretty great gig for you.

Things are good up here in Montana, just a little cold (36 right now). When do you leave for Cambodia?

Anonymous said...

YAY TUCSON! Coming down to see you. Maybe we could go to Nogales, MX for the day?!?

Patrick said...

"We had access to too much money, too much equipment, and little by little, we went insane."
-- something Francis Ford Coppola would never have said about Bristol